Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a mid 80's out board two stroke. I drove it today and

Customer Question

I have a mid 80's Johnson out board two stroke . I drove it today and a beeeeeeeeep alarm went off . I switched motor off and restarted it it then ran a bit rough. Switched it off again restarted it again and was ok but ran it just half throttle after that it was fine. But three hours later alarm went off again at full throttle so I repeted process again and it was fine at half throttle again. Is this over heating or a fuel problem? Cheers.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

If it's beeping at full throttle that would be engine overheat. The engines do need their cooling systems serviced every 2 years with a new impeller and thermostat. In my shop what we do is a cooling system service, that includes replacing the impeller, thermostat, and flushing the block out while it's all apart, and that takes care of any overheating issues. Does that all make sense? Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in. The website has charged you but they have not credited me for helping you out because no rating has been put through yet. Did you have any further questions on the issue, was there anything else, or something I missed?

Thanks,

Jasosn