Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

My 30 hp outboard power tilt will not go down it goes up but

Customer Question

My 30 hp outboard power tilt will not go down it goes up but not down the solenoid clicks but nothing happens
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Could I get the engine serial number please?

You should have 2 relays one for up and one for down swap the relays with each other if the engine goes down and not up then you have a bad relay. The relays will be next to each other. Small square boxes. The way to find the relays is to operate the trim switch and follow the clicking sound. # ***** is the relay. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc2/Mercury/30%20Carb%20%283%20CYL.%29%284-STROKE%29/0T409000%20THRU%201B226999/Power%20Trim/parts.html

But I will need the engine serial number to be sure this is what your engine has.