TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Mechanic
Experience:  Former Kawasaki pwc tech. current Honda pwc tech.
8313095

Just installed rebuilt engine 1999 900stx kawasaki, not sure

Customer Question

just installed rebuilt engine 1999 900stx kawasaki, not sure if water inlet / outlet hoses are in correct places. while running on hose with initial start up,I placed my hand on the head and noticed the front piston toward the bow was hot and the other two seemed cool. I checked with thermal lazer and the front cylinder read 140 degrees . The other two read 80 degrees.... could this be related to the hoses connected backwards?
Category: Boat
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 2 years ago.

There are two likely sources for the problem.

First, a blockage in the internal passages of the cooling system - intake manifold, cylinder, head or exhaust manifold.

Second, lack of lubrication to the front cylinder due to a clogged or leaking oil line.

The second is less likely but is the easiest to inspect since the oil line is external. The first is most likely but requires disassembly of the engine to inspect.

Expert:  TIMOTO replied 2 years ago.

Please rate my answer so that Just Answer can credit me for assisting you. You can always post a reply directly back to this question if you need further assistance with this problem.