Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

1998 5.8l efi mercruiser wont run right flooding

Customer Question

Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

It depends on the situation causing the flooding. Check spark and timing (yes I see you have already checked timing), check compression, check injector leak down (via a leak down test), I see pressure is 35 but you also want to make sure that holds with key off and or pump not running. You would want to check injector spray patterns as well.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.