Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Yamaha 2005 90TLRD starts and idles well, WOT seconds and

Customer Question

Yamaha 2005 90TLRD starts and idles well , WOT for 90 seconds and starves for fuel and drops off to almost nothing. return throttle to idle and recovers. pulled all fuel lines and tank pickup replaced filter in sediment bowl. pulled high pressure pump to check filter, it was clean. cannot get a pressure reading at Schrader valve????? but engine runs. engine will accelerate on hose and never miss a beat. put in water and it will act up every time. I was certified mercruiser thru 94 and trained in J/E outboards Volvo and OMC so Im no stranger to what Im doing just tryin to help a friend. (Local Yamaha dealer cleaned the injectors and said the engine was over full with oil and that was the problem) (and fixed nothing)
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

You wrote the model as being 90TLRD and then also wrote "cannot get a pressure reading at Schrader valve????? "

A 2005 90TLR is a 2 stroke carbureted engine. Is this really an F90TLR EFI 4 stroke?