Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have Yamaha four stroke 250... that is not peeing. thought

Customer Question

I have Yamaha four stroke 250... that is not peeing. thought I was clogged, but took off cowling and disconnected the small outlet hose and started engine....water is not coming out of hose (which doesn't have a clog on that end I can find) but water is spurting out of a small hole on top of engine... it comes out there when engine is running and when engine not running but I have hose hooked up to the flush.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. So if i understood you properly water is coming out when you connect the flush hose but not when running the engine, then most probably the impeller was worn out and it would need to be replaced. To replace it you would need to remove the lower unit of the engine.

IF you need further instructions or assistance let me know.

Noel

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You misunderstood. I have water coming out of this "unknown" hole at the top of the engine head both when the engine runs and when flushing the engine. The indicator line does not have water coming out of it either when engine is running or when flushing the engine.

Can you send me a photo of this hole? I am suspecting that this is the hole where the water pressure sensor is attached.

Noel