Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

Question is on mercruiser alpha one out drive…when i was at

Customer Question

question is on mercruiser alpha one out drive…when i was at lake last weekend i forgot to put up outdrive when pulling it out of water. it was only a few feet when i realized so i stopped. The out drive only comes up part way then stops with pump shutting off to..it goes down just fine then come up to that certain position and stops again…any idea what problem may be? I'm fairly new at this out drive(use to own jet boat so i didn't have to worry about it)
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

This may take more than one post to get your issue resolved.

There should be another switch somewhere either on the dash or on the control. This is called a trailer switch. Now depending on the model and year of the control and boat you have it can be in different places. Some have 2 switches on the control handle. Some have a switch on the control next to the handle. Some the switch is on the dash. It can be a combination of 2 switches working together or an individual switch.

So the more info you can give on make and model of the engine and the boat will help with location of the switches.