Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

My 2007 Yamaha FX HO has full battery and switch lights up

Customer Question

My 2007 Yamaha FX HO has full battery and switch lights up but won't crank
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

If you have no already done so then you will want to have the battery load tested, then check all connections on cables are clean and tight, next at the starter solenoid check the small start signal wire for 12v when cranking. If you have 12v when cranking to that small wire then check for 12v out from the solenoid on the large cable, if not then replace solenoid, if you do then check starter motor ground and bench test starter motor. If you do not have 12v crank signal then back trace from the solenoid checking the wire and let me know if this is the case as there is then further testing.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.