Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Engine warning light coming on no flash code light stays on

Customer Question

Engine warning light coming on no flash code light stays on and solid alarm for about 15 secs. Johnson J140PX4SD
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

You will need to have this scanned to check what the code is as that is the only way to know what code(s) are turning on the light. However, one thing you can check is oil level and temp sensor as well as the control is in neutral. This is because there isn't much info to go on such as engine will not crank or does crank but not start or does start but stalls, etc.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.