Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

You answer boat motor questions here???

Customer Question

you answer boat motor questions here???
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

The seller is confusing his words, what he means is the engine needs an ignition switchbox. Different engine manufactures call similar parts by different names. For example, the ignition "brain box" on a Mercury is called a switchbox. On an Evinrude he same part is called a powerpack. So he is getting tongue tied and calling it "battery pack". Yes it would cause a lack of spark on one bank of cylinders.

If you have the engine serial number I Can get you an exact prices. But without it ballpark they run 250-275 ish. And they take less than an hour to change out.

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Hello, just checking in, any progress?

Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Hello, just checking in. The website has charged you but no rating has been put through yet. I wanted to make sure I got all your questions on this issue answered. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Thanks,
Jason