Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

My generator shut down while running on monday on my 1989

Customer Question

my generator shut down while running on monday on my 1989 searay 44 ft aft cabin. the starter appears to have no power to it and i can't find a reset for it.ed bolton
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for usingjustanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with yourconcern today.

It may seem obvious but you will need to start with having the battery load tested and check it's state of charge, from there you would want to check your grounds and other connections esp battery, then going to the starter solenoid to see if it is getting power when trying to start. Also check oil level. For more info I would need the exact model number of the unit.

I am just seeing if youstill need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see thatyour question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if youstill needed help.

In some cases a questionmay sit due to several different things including the amount of thedeposit/question value, time it was asked, the complexity of the question,number of experts that can help you at a certain time, lack of detailed infoand so on. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need helpthat I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you. I maynot have exactly the experience to deal with a certain problem but instead ofyou not receiving any answer at all I would at least like to reach out andattempt to help you.

At this time please feelfree when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working withme, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me knowexactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,

Joe