Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I had an issue with my gas shift/thottler controller and had

Customer Question
Hi guys: I had an issue...
Hi guys:
I had an issue with my gas shift/thottler controller and had to demount the whole thing and refif the gas shift lever - however, now the boat goes forward but goes not backwards, even if pull the lever (or shift) backwards, the boat goes forward - any idea ?
Many thanks and cheers ***** ***** Lake of Zuerich,
Armin
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
8/24/2015
Marine Mechanic: Michael, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Master Mechanic

Hi Armin, my name is Mike....

Di you disconnect the control cables from the controller when you took it out? If so you could have connected the shift cable to the throttle side of the controller.

If you can post a photo of the backside of the controller I can better help you with this.

Hi Mike:many thanks for your response - much appreciated !And no, I did not disconnect any cable - unfortunately, I am at home meanwhile, so I cannot send a photo - but let's work from the assumption that I did not disconnect any cable - I was wondering if one of the excenters (is this the right word ?) did hang out or was wrongly fixed (although I did not realize anything during the procedure) could be the cause - what do you think ?Thanks and cheers,
Armin

You had to have done something to change the way it shifts so I would need to see photos of the controller so that we have a visual reference as it would be nearly impossible to explain what happened without seeing it.

When you can post the photos.. give a detailed description of what you disassembled and I will help guide you through getting it right.

OK - will see if I can get a shot - but have to drive to the boat later this week since it is on the Lake of Zurich and I am liveing in Basel, which is one hour away.Maybe a nice idea to google the Lake of Zurich, so you get an idea where the boats are lyinf on which you are consulting - great views on the Swiss Alps from there...Many thanks and cheers,
Armin

Armin, I will wait for the photos....This question will most likely time out in a couple of days unless you keep checking in and posting something, even if you just say hello.

Michael
Michael
Michael, Master Mechanic