Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Have 2005 yamaha jet boat 230 ar, starboard engine will turn

Customer Question

Have 2005 yamaha jet boat 230 ar, starboard engine will turn over, Start only if I continue to keep key turned completely over. Once I let go engine stops. It did Starr once ran for awhile until I hit high rpms then quit and back to start only if key is in constant start turn.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Try swapping the two key switches, the symptoms you have described are usually related to a bad key switch, or grounding out to shut down. If that does not resolve the problem on that motor just let me know and we can continue.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.