Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have the same problem with a Center Console Merc Mariner

Customer Question

I have the same problem with a Center Console Merc Mariner Binnacle Mount Shifter. The disengage push-button does not push. This issue just started but without gassing up the throttle to warm up, the engine does not run. The neutral shift position does engage the starter as normal.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Hello and good afternoon,
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Honestly, in the end your going to want to just replace that control, it's better off that way due to many reasons. Of course that may seem like wow ok that was easy for him to say but in all honesty I am giving this info as it really is the best idea in this situation. What can happen is one problem leading to another or a repair made only to have something else fail and then parts not available, cost of parts, and then overall internal wear as well in a nut shell making replacement the professional repair.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.