Michael
Michael, Master Mechanic
Experience:  Over 25 years experience working on everything from PWC's to Mega Yachts
6854667

We have a 2003 270 Chaparral with twin mercruiser 4.3 fuel

Customer Question

We have a 2003 270 Chaparral with twin mercruiser 4.3 fuel injected motors. One died a few months ago and it sat in the shop till they finally got a new bobtail in. The mechanic took it out for a test drive and all seemed fine, he came in and it started to storm so he went home for the day, the next morning he checked on the boat and the port (original) motor wouldn't start. He said it was the fuel relay and got it running. We got to the shop and ran the boat and the port motor seemed fine. The following day when we went to finally take our boat out the port motor started up fine but started to lag hard. we put some sea foam into the gas and it ran great the rest of the day. Today we got on our boat and the port motor started but after about 30 seconds it just cut out. The fuel relay was the culprit, the fuel pump wasn't coming on, so we changed that part. now the fuel pump is coming on but the engine will still only run about 30 seconds and just dies.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is Mike,

I see that your question was never addressed by any of our experts... do you still need help with your MerCruiser issue?