chester298
chester298,
69243481

2009 rxt 255 pulls a code of p0353 and negitive battery

Customer Question

2009 rxt 255 pulls a code of p0353 and negitive battery terminal get hot. swaped coil 3 with coil 1 no change. cleaned all 5 grounds in front of block and negitive cable going to block.
Category: Boat
Expert:  chester298 replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just answer.

Initially, I think you already know what the error code p0353 means. However, to make it sure I will give it. P0353 - Ignition coil #3 open circuit or shorted to ground or to 12V.

Since you already swap the coil and your negative terminal is getting hot. The possible problem is not the coil itself but the connection of it. The #3 coil connection is possibly shorted to ground, try to trace the line and check if there is open or burn wires.

Please response if you still have clarifications,concerns or questions.

Hope this information will be helpful.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,EXCELLENT OR GOOD rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...
Hi

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Chester