RSRBOB
RSRBOB, Technician
Experience:  Former Yamaha Factory Service Rep, Dlr Line Tech, Serv Mgr, G/M
10825618

Trying to find source pilot jet yamaha150 etlj. Do you have

Customer Question

Trying to find source for obsolete pilot jet for 86 yamaha150 etlj. Do you have any ideas.
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.

I would suggest you try calling carbparts.com. Although they are a motorcycle/ATV supplier, if it is a Mikuni or Kei Hin carb they may be able to help you out. I found a really crude drawing of the carb and found it to be a #72 PJ. It looks like a fairly common PJ and the only question would be if it has bleed holes in it or not. Do you have the old one to look at to be able to determine that? The other alternative would be have a dealer use their "find a part" service that Yamaha provides to their dealers. Your dealer would enter a request for the part that you need, and an e mail goes out to every Yamaha OB dealer in the country to see if anyone has one in stock. There is a fairly good chance someone somewhere would have one.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks

RSRBOB