Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

My 30' 1987 sea ray sdn bridge has rot in the inboard

Customer Question

my 30' 1987 sea ray sdn bridge has stringer rot in the inboard stringers. what is the core material? Is it structurally necessary? There is no sign of movement or any vibrations underway. Any suggestions appreciated as i,m trying to sell boat.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

The stringer material is wood. Specifically it is sheets of marine plywood laminated together to form a beam.

As far as is it necessary? It's not necessary to float in the water, and put around a bay. But it is necessary if the boat is going to go off shore and take on any real nautical weather.

As far as suggestions go.... the boat has a problem that you can either choose to hide, or choose to fix, or choose to disclose and sell it as is. What kind of suggestions are you looking for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an appointment, will reply in AM.Thank you for your prompt reply
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

No problem, there are no time limits here. Just reply back when you have more time and we can take it from there.

-Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking in. I see that no rating has been put through yet so I wanted to make sure I got all of your questions answered. If there was anything else on the issue feel free to ask.
Thank you,
Jason
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Just checking in. Did you have any further questions on your issue? The website has charged you to speak with me, so I do want to make sure I get all of your questions answered.
-Jason