Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

My 4.3 gxi turns over but does not fire after sitting in

Customer Question

my 4.3 gxi turns over but does not fire after sitting in humid conditons for several weeks.spark at plugs and fuel up to the injectors
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Check spark via an spark tester, in-line is best, ***** ***** than one wire, for instance it's best to check all and be sure all have good strong spark, if so then check fuel pressure (just checking for fuel is not enough) must check actual pressure, next check compression and then next check injector pulse, if none of the above then need to connect a scan tool and check tps, iac and other sensors (if fuel injected). Spray some starting fluid into the throttle bore and if it starts/stalls then you know it's a lack of fuel. Check battery voltage is good and battery load tests good.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.