Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 2000 sea doo GTX di that after running hours its

Customer Question

I have a 2000 sea doo GTX di that after running for two hours its starts cutting out at 3000 rpms and above .Got any ideas? Runs at below 2500 rpms. New motor and fuel pump. Thanks Jeff Cole
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jeff,
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Check compression, check fuel pressure, check for misfires and injector firing during the problem, check temperature during the problem, check voltage at battery during the problem (should be near 14v dc). Next we can further proceed after the above and will be more involved. Also check key and post rings are clean, no loose wiring/connections, grounds, etc. For instance as one of many examples you could let's say have a big misfire during the problem, it could potentially be a coil failing under load when hot, doesn't mean it is, just an example of why all the above tests are needed to pin point the problem.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.