Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2009 sea Ray with 496 mag engine. If I run over

Customer Question

I have a 2009 sea Ray with 496 mag engine. If I run over 3500 rpm for anytime engine temp is around 160 but when I cut back to idle alarm will go off and it goes into limp mode put it back into neutral and let run a while it will let me go again and everything is fine until I bring it back to idle. Can run all day at 3000 rpm and then go to idle with no problem
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Is the alarm a solid tone or a series of beeps?

When was the last time the cooling system was serviced with a new impeller?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A solid tone and engine goes to limp mode pull out of gear and alarm will quit but you have to let run a while before you can put in gear and go. Only replaced raw water pump have never changed antifreeze pump
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

When was the last time the raw water pump was changed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6 months ago I have 1.9 -2.1 psi at idle have 14-15 psi at 3500 rpm
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Gotcha. This isn't something i'm going to be able to help you were with. You will have to get somebody out to the boat to stick the laptop on it.

Good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks