Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have a 2009 FX SHO cruiser with 100'hrs idling along

Customer Question

I have a 2009 FX SHO cruiser with 100'hrs idling along yesterday and without warning ski died no power to anything will not crank and no lights come on. Checked battery that's fine I hear a click noise when I press start button. Any ideas????
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. When you said you checked the batteries, do they show 12 volts on them? Also did you check the voltage when you tried to crank the engine? If the voltage is going too low then the battery may be dead even though it is showing 12 volts at stand still. Also did you check the battery connections and the fuses on the engine?

Noel