Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a mercury 150hp optimax. The motor is in the down

Customer Question

I have a mercury 150hp optimax. The motor is in the down position, and will not tilt. is there a release that will allow me to tilt manually. thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Does the trim make any noise at all?

Yes there is a manual tilt release. On the stbd side of the trim is the manual release screw # ***** The screw(large slotted screw) will have a hole in the stbd side motor bracket. Open the screw 4-5 turns counter clockwise lift engine then tighten screw. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc2/Mercury/V-150%20DFI%20%282.5L%29/0T178500%20THRU%200T800999/POWER%20TRIM%20COMPONENTS%28REMOVABLE%20PUMP%20HOUSING%29/parts.html

We can fix the issue if you like. Post engine serial number please.

Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.

The manual release screw is circled in red.