Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have twin 150 Salt water series yamaha outboards

Customer Question

I have twin 150 Salt water series yamaha outboards (carburated) year 1998. The digital tach for the both engine are difficult to read. This older model tach does not have any re set buttons on the bottom of the unit. It measures RPM's, tilt, oil and heat.
I know this tach has been upgraded to include re set buttons. Please verify the correct replacement tach is 6Y5-8350T-83-00. Also can the existing wire harness be used, so all I have to do is plug in new unit, and then everything is OK, if I have to use a
new harness, what is the correct part number. What level of expertise do I need to perform this job? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Boat