Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have a new San Remo Sunseeker with Volvo 600 engines. It

Customer Question

I have a new San Remo Sunseeker with Volvo 600 engines. It holds 350 gallons of fuel but the fuel gauge is totally inaccurate. It reads empty when there is at least 60 gallons of fuel left. Sunseeker is saying this is due to the configuration of the fuel tank and there is no fix. Does this sound right?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. On big boats which have big fuel tanks, it is normal that the last 60 g of fuel are not viewed. This is because since the fuel tanks have a very big area, a 1 inch of height will make a lot of fuel. The gauge will only read the height and thus it will not go all the way down to the bottom of the tank. That is the reason it does not read all the way down.
If you still have questions let me know.
Noel