Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a yamaha outboard engine that I purchased on an

Customer Question

Hi, I have a yamaha outboard engine that I purchased on an auction. It was mounted on a boat, we tried it out. Started & ran great. It was tiller controlled but I wanted to mount engine on my pontoon so I bought a new side mount control for the engine. The electric cable plugged into engine wiring harness fine, everything works, trim, engine turns over but won't start. What should I check?
Thanks Herb W.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today.

Your control box should have a kill switch. Locate that and make sure that it is in the on position. Also make sure that the ones on the engine are still on, if they were not removed.

Will the engine stat after this?