Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 97 xp that won't start .. starter button does

Customer Question

I have a 97 xp that won't start .. starter button does nothing at all. Have changed the dess post and starter solenoid. all fuses are ok in mped and in starter box. Don't always get the seadoo beep. When key is put on the vts works but only for 30 seconds but starter button does nothing. All connections in the mped and starter box seem to be clean and uncroded. Also have crossed the solenoid the starter does turn over the enigine. I parked the ski years ago because of this problem.. now I'm determined to try to fix it instead of watching it rot away.

Category: Boat