Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a erratic TPS problem on a 2013 Yamaha F115AET. You

Customer Question

I have a erratic TPS problem on a 2013 Yamaha F115AET. You guys have any experience with this problem?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? What kind of fault are you having exactly. Are you getting a code? What is the engine doing or not doing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am getting the TPS Sensor and sometimes the Air press sensor fault.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also, when I try and do any of the YDIS tests active or stationary it says I'm not in Neutral.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
With the key on and engine off what is the air pressure sensor reading for a value?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I can reset the Fault codes I'm able to do the Tests. What is the commonality of the Sensors and the Shift Postion switch. I have tried a New Air Press sensor, TPS and ECU same results.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
The ECM is the only common item.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Here is another question... When the ECM says you are not in neutral does the shift position switch show continuity or an open circuit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I removed the Switch today, it has good continuity. I jumped the switch, I checked continuity and voltage at the switch. I have 5 volts closed and 0 open.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I forgot to mention sometimes like magic...lol The engine will start and run correctly, No Check Engine or Faults. When that happens all is good.. I can test drive it turn it on and off several times works great. When it's working right, If I turn it off about 5 minutes and back on the same problem. TPS sometimes - Not always the air sensor....usually the air sensor will clear but not the TPS.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
You might have a bad harness here. And we can spend hours together going round and round and get nowhere. I'm going to opt out of this one. Good luck with your engine.