Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

We have a 1991 waverunner 650 that has recently started cutting

Customer Question

we have a 1991 waverunner 650 that has recently started cutting out during acceleration
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.I am happy to help you diagnose and repair your 1991 Yamaha 650 Wave Runner.I do have a couple of questions I need answered to be able to stream line the repair process for you.First, when the problem showed up, did it happen while riding one day, or had the ski been sitting and ran fine the last time it was out and the next time you go to take it out it is cutting out?2nd, what did the old spark plugs look like that you took out? I am mainly interested in the color of the porcelain insulator.Lastly, when you say "cut out" do you mean it wants to stall and quit when you try to accelerate or does it just have a misfire in the engine.ThanksRSRBOB