Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2005 T60TLRD 60 horse Yamana outboard boat motor.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 T60TLRD 60 horse Yamana outboard boat motor. 4 times in the past 6 months after running the boat 2 or 3 hours and turning off the engine it does not restart. Nothing at all when u turn the key,then when waiting 4 to 5 hours the engine turns right over and starts. What can u suggest?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you today.When you turn the key after fishing, do you hear a click at all?Does the trim work at that time?What all is running in the boat while you are fishing?What is running in the 4-5 Hr wait period?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
After running the boat severl hours and returninig to the dock the key turns without even a click or whirl. The trim works. Nothing other then the motor is running when on the lake. During the 4 t0 5 hour waiting time nothing is running.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
First, make sure that the battery nuts are wrench tight. Same with the connections on the engine.Has the engine ever just dies while on the water and not wanted to even crank at all?When the motor fails to start, can you still turn the flywheel by hand?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Forget it Charles this seems to be just a scam for me to spend more money without u knowing that much I will just write off the 26 bucks and find some with knowledge of outboard motors
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
I have not submitted an answer to you yet. I am still working on getting the info that I need from you to make an informed answer as to what your problem is. Is I was there and had my test equipment, I could most likely tell you in about 10 minutes what was wrong. I am a factory certified Tech as well as a full time Tech at a busy repair shop. Do you wish to continue?