Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have an older 85o mercruiser that came with two lever shifter. The longer shifter operat

Customer Question

I have an older 85o mercruiser that came with two lever shifter. The longer shifter operaters the forward and reverse on the jet conversion what is the second shifter for
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also have a 15 hp 4 stroke johnson outboard which has a red and black wire coming out of the motor what is it for and where does it connect
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will assist you, The second shiftir is for the throttle it is used to apply throttle. AS for the Johnson, those two wires are used to connect to a battery to charge it. If you need further assistance let me know. Noel