Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a pontoon with a 40 horse Mercury outboard four stroke,

Customer Question

I have a pontoon with a 40 horse Mercury outboard four stroke, with Efi. The model # ***** ***** and the serial # ***** ***** My pontoon has power to the radio, the anchor, and the bilge pump, However I don't have power to start the motor, nor do I have power to raise or lower the motor. I am unsure if it is a problem with a reset or fuse-able link, or if perhaps there is a short in the wiring, or perhaps the shifter isn't recognizing that it is neutral. Will you please advise me?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? When did this problem start, and when did the engine last start correctly?Have you checked the engine mounted fuses yet?