Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

James I have a Seadoo Sportster with its reverse gate stuck

Customer Question

James I have a Seadoo Sportster with its reverse gate stuck up. The gate will not move into neutral or reverse positions though forward works. Cable appears to work correctly shifting from Forward to neutral to reverse. Any Diagnosis? - Phil
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
Male sure that the hook part 20 is still free to move. If you you will need to remove bolt 3 from each side and the shift cable. Once of, take the bucket off. Clean any corrosion from the pivot points. Grease bushing 8 and pin 7 then reinstall the bucket. Make sure that it will move freely now before hooking back up the cable.
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/seadooforums/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=seadoojb&a=105&b=13&c=0&d=-PROPULSION-SYSTEM---EXTERNAL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
CharlesThanks for the reply. Since I submitted my question Wednesday, I subsequently brought the boat into a marina for repair, so I no longer have access to it to consider your recommended steps.Phil
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Ok Phil. If you need us in the future, please feel free to ask.
Thanks
Charles