Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

2000 Boston Whaler 280 Conquest. I am having a problem with

Customer Question

2000 Boston Whaler 280 Conquest. I am having a problem with my port engine 2001EFI 225. I have recently purchased the boat. The boat has sat for 3YRS plus. Motor was spuddering. Then just stoped would not restart. Pulled the front of motor off removed fuel rail and injectors. Very small amout of black substance was in oine of the injectors. Reinstall all parts and started motor sounded good. took boat for a ride ran great. Within 10 15 Min motor started to lose power then just stoped running. Dumped fuel filter Changed plugs started motor. Ran for two to three minutes before losing power and stop running. Removed fuel line from motor pumped fuel through line. Observed very small amount of black subtance in line. Replaced line still will not run. I want to replace the fuel lines and would like to know how to acsess the tanks and the fuel lines. Are the panels were the speakers are mounted acsess panels to the tanks and fuel lines.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Replacing the lines in the boat is a very good idea, I dont feel that it is going to fix the engine. You are going to have to work on it. To get at the fuel, you need to gain access to the bilge of the boat. Does your have a large access point?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes there is a large acsess hole I removed the floor but it dose not gain acsess to the tanks or the lines . If you look at a Boston Whaler Parts diagram the tanks are not in this area. they are in the front of the live wells just removed the floor before i wrote to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am feel that the panels the house the speakers could gain acsess to the tanks just wanted to knoiw before I continue to dismantel the boat. These pan els are on the polrt side hoses a speaker and shore power the starbard side hoses the tackel box slide outs
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Did you take out panel 57?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no I have not this is what I am asking Panel 57 on starbrd and Panel 103 0n the port side
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Doesnt 25/27 fit into panel 53?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if you look at Drawing # *****! the tanks are forward more
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
PB280CQ1
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Looks like door 71 is close to to the Stbd tank, and the blower is close to the port. You could always, install a water sep filter in the rear of the boat to filter out the debris and any water.