Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Mi 1999 Kawasaki STX 1100 looses power after 15 to 20 minute

Customer Question

Mi 1999 Kawasaki STX 1100 looses power after 15 to 20 minute ride and stalls.
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your inquiry.The first thing we need to do is check the engine to make sure it is mechanically sound.We do this by performing a compression test on the engine. I need you to do this for me and report back with the results, and please be as specific as possible when replying. When you test the compression, make sure you leave the 2 spark plugs installed in the cylinders you are not testing. The engine actually spins over faster and gives a more accurate compression reading when tested with the other 2 spark plugs installed. Please test all 3 cylinders and let me know what you get. Make sure you ground all 3 high tension leads while doing the compression test. You do not want the engine to start while testing it.ThanksRSRBOB