Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I just got a campion 2009 with 28hours on it..went for

Customer Question

Hi..i just got a campion 2009 with 28hours on it..went for a ridr over the weekend and notice that the boat is realy hard to start in nutral position..only way to start it to pull alway down the shifter to make the engine rev but when you pull the shifter back to engage the engine he will die right away
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** do you have on the boat?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
4.3 gl volvo penta
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any idea what that could be?
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
ith the age of the boat and the fact that you need to give it throttle to get started, it is going to be the fuel system on the engine. If this is a carb engine, you will ned to remove it and clean it. Reassemble it using a new carb kit. If the engine is fuel injected, you will need to test the fuel pressure to the injectors. If that is good, have the injectors cleaned.