Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a kawasaki stx f 12. 2007. The other day is just started

Customer Question

I have a kawasaki stx f 12. 2007. The other day is just started shutting itself off randomly while riding. I hit the start button and it fires up and keeps going, not being sluggish at all, doesnt sound like its misfiring either. Does this sound like a spark plug problem or the start stop switch?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** like an electrical issue. You can look for it by starting the ski on a hose, then wiggle the harnesses around until you can make the ski die. In that last moved harness, check all connectors that you can locate in that area for a failed connection or a burnt wire.