Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2008 VX Deluxe and the port coolant hole is

Customer Question

hello! I have a 2008 VX Deluxe and the port coolant hole is not properly streaming water out. It started shooting steam out and then when I gave it gas I heard a clunk and then it started streaming water somewhat. it streams at higher throttle, but barely at all while idling. not sensor or alarm goes off though. any help is greatly appreciated
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.Since you said you don't see any signs of the engine getting too hot, I suspect you may just have a restriction in the cooling line or outlet nozzle.You can check this by using something like a straightened out coat hanger and probing the external outlet and the hose. If the outlet is not a straight outlet, you will have to probe the outlet from the outside and inside the hull. Remove the hose and run your coat hanger down there as far as you can.Critters do like to build homes in those fittings and lines and have been responsible for more than one restriction so it is not unheard of and certainly isn't the first time.If you are still having problems after that, let me know and we can go on from there.ThanksRSRBOB
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a separate impeller for the cooling system? If so, could that have been damaged by debris?
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 2 years ago.
No, there is not. The cooling system is tapped off the high pressure side of the jet pump.RSRBOB