Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 02 seadoo rx I recently purchased. The past 2-3

Customer Question

I have a 02 seadoo rx I recently purchased. The past 2-3 times I have taken it out the power doesn't seem to be all there. I changed the plugs, fuel.... It will accelerate to about 5500 rpm. From idle which is about 1000 5500 I feel like I only have 70% of power. The rpm spuratically will get to 6800 and the ski feels great like it did when I first purchased it. I use synthetic mix and 93 octane fuel. What could be causing this issue ? Also the fuel consumption seems to have gone up. I was out with my friend that has the same ski and I used about twice as much fuel? I also replaced the fuel filter, added fuel treatment for ethanol, carb cleaner.
Category: Boat