Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

How to alline shift linkage when you change water

Customer Question

how to alline shift linkage when you change water pump 115 horse 4 stroke
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
Mercury has it in their manuals that neutral is the best position to install the lower unit back up into place yet. So what you would do is make sure the lower unit is in neutral, and that the propeller turns both ways. And then make sure the shifter on the engine is in neutral as well. This is tricky to do and it can take 2 or 3 times to get it right.
I think that should do it. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.
Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back tomorrow or next week with follow up questions to this you still can even after doing a rating.
Thank you
Jason