Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., MarineTechnician
Experience:  Multiple factory certifications 20+ years of experience.
8380480

I have a 1998 yamaha waverunner gp1200 it works outside the

Customer Question

i have a 1998 yamaha waverunner gp1200 it works outside the water very good but when it go down in the water it dosn't start also no data displayed on the gauge and the capels get very hot
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like your engine isn't running on all 3 cylinders.You need to start with some basic tests.Do a compression test,Spark test,and if that looks good rebuild the carburetors.I would suspect you'll find a problem with those tests.You should also replace the spark plugs if you haven't already.Give that a shot and let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I made all of this but it runs in 3cylinders and i rebuild the carburetors
The problem is when i start engin outside every thing is good when i go to the water i hear th engin starts but no display on the gauge ( i tried to run it out and go to water it runs for about 1-2 mins and stop ) also i want to know if there is a water sensor or not
Thanks for your help
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 2 years ago.
There's no water sensor.Do you have any display on the gauge when it's out of water?This is a tough one because I don't know how it runs in the water.Is the idle too low? Is it dying at idle? Does it die no matter what speed you try to run it at?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes there is a full display when out of water
It is idel when out of water about 2 rpm
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 2 years ago.
I'm going to opt out. There is no reason the display would be on when out of the water and disappear when it's in the water.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So what can i do now?