Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

96 sting Ray now rider 5.7L just had every thing done from

Customer Question

96 sting Ray now rider 5.7L just had every thing done from the back of the engine out, coupler, bellows,humble bearing assembly and complete stern drive after market unit "all new" .before all this, the boat was smooth and quite, now it has a little vibration around 1100 rpm and a whining noise at around 2500 rpm. The boy boat now just feels rough. The engine was pulled out to get all that work done. Noise and vibration, what do you think?
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Never mind, cancel
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is Tan. Depending on your time zone most of us in the us aren't on early morning. I'm on PST. This is an engine alignment issue. When they replaced the gimbal bearing they should have realigned the engine. When ever the engine is removed or the gimbal are replaced the engine has to be realigned. Since it didn't do this before the work take it back to the people that worked on the boat. Post back with questions. Thank you....Tan