Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

My port engine is not starting and trim does not work showing

Customer Question

My port engine is not starting and trim does not work showing communication error on smart craft
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
With the trim not working on the engine, and it not starting, this would be a power supply issue. With a multimeter, check the voltage going to the large red wire on the stater. It should read 12 or more. If it does not, test the voltage right on the battery. If you get a good reading there, one of the battery cables is bad. If it is under 12V, replace/recharge that battery.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Charles I needed to change my batteries this season so I changed all 4 this corrected the low voltage warning but I still am showing communication error on the smart craft viewer do I have to replace the batterie cable still ?
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
There will be a few fuses on each engine. Also one by the battery if you have DTS. Make sure that all of them are good. Also look around the batteries for a wire that may have been left off.