Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I need to change the bottom yoke assembly on my 1999 120hp

Customer Question

i need to change the bottom yoke assembly on my 1999 120hp mercury force outboard motor. What do i have to do?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?What is the model number on the engine, and what are you calling a yoke assembly, which part?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1999 120 hp exlpt the part number is ***** it is the lower yoke assembly on the swivel bracket and steering arm
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Got it. There are only 3 things holding the yoke in place. 2 bolts and a snap ring. The bolts are easy enough to see. Just back those out. Next, click this link to pull up a picture - http://www.mercruiserparts.com/images/FORCE/855376.R2/14.png #15 is a snap ring, and that will come out with some snap ring pliers. Those are usually in there pretty tight so you will want to hose away with some PB Blaster or any other good penetrating oil. I think that should do it. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just incase you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank. Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back tomorrow or next week with follow up questions to this you still can even after doing a rating. And if I have saved you quite a bit of money, or saved you a trip to the dealer, tips are always greatly appreciated.Thank youJason
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Just checking in. No rating has been put through yet so I wanted to make sure that all your questions were answered. Did you have any further questions on this issue?