Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I recently puchased a 1999 Wellcraft 24' walk around powered

Customer Question

i recently puchased a 1999 Wellcraft 24' walk around powered by a 200HP 2 cycle V6EFI #QSGW40540SO with powerhead #813043R97. Upon using for 3rd time yday we ran out of oil; both the tank in the transom and the reserve tank in the engine. The only warning we got was an alarm, apparently too late as we were already empty. Question is : how do I check oil level to prevent a reoccurence? What is the correct amount to put in, etc.
Thank You,
Earl Kahn
cel:(###) ###-####
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Hello Earl. My name is***** get the engine serial number please so I know what systems you have on your engine please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
QSGW40540SO/813043R97
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
That isn't the engine serial number. That is a part number for the power head. The serial number will be on the swivel bracket of the engine in this location. Open this link. http://outboardpowerheads.com/serialnumbertag.jpg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
# ***** / is lower, # ***** is power head. Are u actually a Merc employee or is this some sort of outsourced internet service?
Please answer factually
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
This is not Mercury marine. I am a Mercury technician. Power head number isn't any help I need the engine serial number or no one can help you even if you call Mercury maring they are going to ask for the same thing. The power head part number will work on all Mercury engines 200 EFI's. So I can't help with out the correct info. These are the facts.
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Here is what your number is ***** doesn't help. http://outboardpowerheads.com/813043R97.jpg How does that number help me with your problem?