Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

Have a 2014 3.5 4 stroke with 15 hrs on it. Started peeing

Customer Question

Have a 2014 3.5 4 stroke with 15 hrs on it. Started peeing gas overboard when I started it today. What's the cause??
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. The issue here can be either the fuel line got stuck from the tank or the carb, so first thing to do is to check the fuel line from the carb upto the tank and make sure it is not leaking. If it is not then check if the fuel is coming out of the carb. If it is then the needle got stock. At this point you would need to remove the carb and open it and clean it with carb cleaner. Blow with compressed air and reinstall and it should run ok. IF you need further assistance let me know. Noel