Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a very steep driveway, when my boat is on trailer

Customer Question

Hello, I have a very steep driveway, when my boat is on trailer stern downhill, it appears fuel comes out top of water separator. This only happens when at big angle. Is this normal, or do I need to be concerned? Tx
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** filter should not be leaking. If it 's leaks the engine will not run correctly if fuel leaks out air can get in causing a lean fuel condition. Check the seal of the filter. What is the make and model of your engine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2014 Suzuki 115 prop
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Ok you need to pull the filter apart and check the seals. Now is the fuel coming out of the filter or the VST(vapor separator tank) http://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc/bp_AP_AssemblyDetail.asp?ID=4168