Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a mercury(###) ###-####outboard motor. I replace

Customer Question

Hello!
I have a mercury(###) ###-####outboard motor. I replace the carburetors and the water pump. The engine fired right up, however no water came out of the exhaust. could you advise me and stir me the right direction?
Thanks for the help!
Michael
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 2 years ago.
Could I get the serial number to confirm the engine?Your tell tale hose that goes to the bottom cowl, pull it off at the block fitting, make sure it is open, start the engine and see if you get any water. Don't run for more than a minute.Did you make sure the water pump tube indexed properly in the water tube in the midsection?