Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Didn't use mu 1988 Mercury 80 hp outboard week. It ran

Customer Question

Didn't use mu 1988 Mercury 80 hp outboard for a week. It ran fine at speed and trolling. Now, when I start it the warning buzzer immediately sounds continuously. Filled oil reservoir, (it was about 1/4 full), buzzing continued. Ran engine for 15 minutes, water coming out was cool, engine block was cool. Buzzer still continuous. Any ideas?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Is the alarm continuous or a fast beep?
When was the last time you had the water pump serviced?
Could I get the engine serial number please?
Next to the top spark plug is a tan wire connected to the temp sensor disconnect the sensor does the alarm quit?
Then go to the bottom of the oil, reservoir and disconnect the blue wire from the bottom of the tank sensor. Does the alarm quit?