Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2000 1100 stx di. I had it on the lake last weekend

Customer Question

I have a 2000 1100 stx di. I had it on the lake last weekend ran great was on my way in and the check engine light came on and it shut down wouldn't restart. Got it home checked it over found that I wasn't getting fuel. So I rebuilt the fuel pump but still not getting fuel.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?
When you say you "rebuilt the fuel pump" can you go into specifics on that, and did you check the fuel pressure after you rebuilt it and if so how much pressure ?
Thanks
Kenny
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Kyle
I bought a new pump and replace the one in the housing. It comes on if I hook it up to the battery. But when I plug it into the connector it shuts off the power. The Guage I hooked up to only reads to 30 psi but it maxed it out. I'm not getting spark either. The emm cooling system go plugged up awhile back I cleaned system out and got it cooling again. It ran for a couple days and now it doing this
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Kyle, sorry was called out of town, no spark can be a couple of different issues, and it can be as simple as a shorted ignition or stop/start switch.
I want you to try something easy before we get into the difficult stuff. I want you to start at the rear injector (top of the cylinder heads) and unplug on injector one at a time and see if you get spark or starts, if nothing happens then move to the next injector, then when you have tried ALL injectors, plug one it at a time to see what you get.
Thanks
Kenny